Scalping, when used te reference to trading ter securities, commodities and foreign exchange, may refer to
How scalping works Edit
Scalping is the shortest time framework te trading and it exploits puny switches ter currency prices.  Scalpers attempt to act like traditional market makers or specialists. To make the spread means to buy at the Bid price and sell at the Ask price, te order to build up the bid/ask difference. This proces permits for profit even when the bid and ask don’t stir at all, spil long spil there are traders who are willing to take market prices. It normally involves establishing and liquidating a position quickly, usually within minutes or even seconds.
The role of a scalper is actually the role of market makers or specialists who are to maintain the liquidity and order flow of a product of a market.
The profit for each transaction is based only on a few pips (fundament points), so scalping is typically conducted when there are large amounts of capital and high leverage or there are currency pairs where the bid-offer spread is narrow. [Two]
- Spreads are bonuses spil well spil costs – Most worldwide markets operate on a bid and ask based system. The numerical difference inbetween the bid and ask prices is referred to spil the spread inbetween them. The ask prices are instant execution (market) prices for quick buyers (ask takers), bid prices for quick sellers (bid takers). If a trade is executed at market prices, closing that trade instantly without queuing would not get you back the amount paid because of the bid/ask difference. The spread can be viewed spil trading bonuses or costs according to different parties and different strategies. On one arm, traders who do NOT wish to queue their order, instead paying the market price, pay the spreads (costs). On the other palm, traders who wish to queue and wait for execution receive the spreads (bonuses). Some day trading strategies attempt to capture the spread spil extra, or even the only, profits for successful trades.
- Lower exposure, lower risks – Scalpers are only exposed ter a relatively brief period, spil they do not hold positions overnight. Spil the period one holds decreases, the chances of running into extreme adverse movements, causing phat losses, decreases.
- Smaller moves, lighter to obtain – A switch te price results from imbalance of buying and selling powers. Most of the time within a day, prices stay stable, moving within a puny range. This means neither buying strafgevangenis selling power control the situation. There are only a few times which price moves towards one direction, i.e. either buying or selling power controls the situation. It requires fatter imbalances for thicker price switches. It is what scalpers look for – capturing smaller moves which toebijten most of the time, spil opposed to larger ones.
- Large volume, adding profits up – Since the profit obtained vanaf share or contract is very petite due to its target of spread, they need to trade large te order to add up the profits. Scalping is not suitable for large-capital traders seeking to budge large volumes at once, but for small-capital traders seeking to stir smaller volumes more often.
Different parties and spreads Edit
Whenever the spread is made one (or more) party vereiste pay it (paying the cost to receive some value on completing the transaction quickly) and some party (or parties) will receive that money spil profit.
Who pays the spreads (costs) Edit
The following traders pay the spreads:
- Momentum traders on technicals – Thesis traders look for quick movements hinted from quotes, prices and volumes, charts. When a real breakout occurs, price becomes volatile. A unexpected rise or fall may occur within any 2nd. They need to get te quick before the price moves out of the base.
- Momentum traders on news – When news cracks out, the price becomes very volatile spil many people watching the news will react at more or less the same time. A trader needs to take the market prices instantaneously spil the chance may vanish after a 2nd or so.
- Cut losses on market prices – The spread becomes a cost if the price moves against the expected direction and the trader wishes to cut losses instantly on market price.
Who receives the spreads (bonuses) Edit
The following traders receive the spreads:
- Individual scalpers – They trade for spreads and can benefit from larger spreads.
- Market makers and specialists – People who provide liquidity place their orders on their market books. Overheen the course of a single day, a market maker may pack orders for hundreds of thousands or millions of shares.
- Spot foreign exchange (exchanges of foreign currencies) brokers – They do not charge any commissions because they make profits from the bid/ask spread quotes. On July Ten, 2006, the exchange rate inbetween Euro and United States dollar is 1.2733 at 15:45. The internal (inter-bank dealers) bid/ask price is 1.2732-5/1.2733-5. However the foreign exchange brokers or middlemen will not suggest the same competitive prices to their clients. Instead they provide their own version of bid and ask quotes, say 1.2731/1.2734, of which their commissions are already “hidden” ter it. More competitive brokers do not charge more than Two pips spread on a currency where the interbank market has a 1 pip spread, and some offerande better than this by quoting prices te fractional pips.
Factors affecting scalping Edit
- Liquidity – The liquidity of a market affects the vertoning of scalping. Each product within the market receives different spread, due to popularity differentials. The more liquid the markets and the products are, the tighter the spreads are. Some scalpers like to trade te a more liquid market since they can stir te and out of large positions lightly without adverse market influence. Other scalpers like to trade ter less liquid markets, which typically have significantly larger bid-ask spreads. Whereas a scalper ter a very liquid market (for example, a market maintaining a one-penny spread) may take Ten,000 shares to make a Trio cent build up ($300), a scalper ter an illiquid market (for example, a market with a 25 cent spread) may take 500 shares for a 60 cent build up ($300). While there is theoretically more profit potential te a liquid market, it is also a “poker spel” with many more professional players which can make it more difficult to anticipate future price act.
- Volatility – Unlike momentum traders, scalpers like stable or silent products. Imagine if its price does not stir all day, scalpers can profit all day simply by placing their orders on the same bid and ask, making hundreds or thousands of trades. They do not need to worry about unexpected price switches.
- Time framework – Scalpers operate on a very brief time framework, looking to profit from market flaps that are sometimes too puny to be seen even on the one-minute chart. This maximizes the number of moves during the day that the scalper can use to make a profit.
- Risk management – Rather than looking for one big trade, the way a trend trader might, the scalper looks for hundreds of puny profits across the day. Te this process the scalper might also take hundreds of puny losses during the same time period. For this reason a scalper vereiste have very stringent risk management never permitting a loss to accumulate.
Scalping ter this sense is the practice of purchasing a security for one’s own account shortly before recommending that security for long-term investment and then instantaneously selling the security at a profit upon the rise te the market price following the recommendation. [Three] The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that scalping by an investment adviser operates spil a fraud or deceit upon any client or prospective client and is a disturbance of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. [Four] The prohibition on scalping has bot applied against persons who are not registered investment advisers, and it has bot ruled that scalping is also a disturbance of Rule 10b-5 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 if the scalper has a relationship of trust and confidence with the persons to whom the recommendation is made. [Five] The Securities and Exchange Commission has stated that it is committed to stamping out scalping schemes. 
Scalping is analogous to pui running, a similar improper practice by broker-dealers. It is also similar to but differs from pumping and dumping, which does not involve a relationship of trust and confidence inbetween the fraudster and his or hier victims.
Related movie: Como fazer o cadastro na Hash Ocean